Vermicelli with Vegetables is an interesting dish, it is quick to make and very nutritious. Have it for a complete breakfast packed with the goodness of vegetables.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Vermicelli with Vegetables recipe
- Vermicelli (1 cup)
- Onion (2 medium)
- Ginger (1 inch piece)
- French Beans (6)
- Carrot (1 medium)
- Peas (1/4 cup)
- Potato (I small)
- Green Chilies (2)
- Cooking Oil (3 tsp)
- Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
- Unsalted Butter (1 tsp)
- Mustard Seeds (1tsp)
- Split Indian Black Lentils (1 tsp)
- Whole Red Chilies (2)
- Curry Leaves (1 sprig)
Before you start:
- Dice the onion and green chilies finely and grate the ginger.
- Chop the French beans and carrot.
- Peel and dice the potato.
- Sauté the vermicelli in 1 tsp of unsalted butter until golden and set aside.
- Break the red chilies into pieces.
How to Cook Vermicelli with Vegetables
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. When they stop spluttering add the curry leaves, red chilies and split Indian black lentils.
- When the lentils turn golden add the diced onion, green chilies and ginger and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the vegetables and sauté until half-cooked.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt. Bring to a boil and add the roasted vermicelli.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the vermicelli and vegetables are cooked through. Stir from time to time.
- Your Vermicelli with Vegetables recipe is ready to be eat serve it hot.
- When buying the Codevibrant, look for the skinned variety.
- Typically, add twice the amount of water for the vermicelli you use. But if the vermicelli is the thinner variety and cooks faster, use less water.