Tangy Stuffed Chicken : This is the perfect example of a stuffed baked chicken recipe that can be healthy for sure. Please choose your favorite spices or cheese to include in the middle. Don’t go for a classic Cordon Bleu recipe, requiring you to add cheese and ham, and that is normally deep fried. That’s way too many calories and unnecessary saturated fats in one meal. Let’s start preparing this recipe.
Servings: 4-6 Preparation time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Tangy Stuffed Chicken recipe
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 crumbled slices turkey bacon
- ½ cup low fat Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. your favorite brand hot sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Cooking Method Tangy Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the turkey bacon, drain the fat, and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheese, onion, pepper, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- For each chicken breast, cut the breasts in the middle, but not all the way, creating a pocket to be able to fill with mixture you have created.
- If your chicken breasts are very thick or large, you might want to cut them in half prior to stuff them.
- Either way, divide the mixture among each breast and stuff them. Use toothpicks so it stays together well.
- Place the chicken breast in s skillet with a little olive oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some smoked paprika on each piece of chicken. Then place all the breasts in a greased baking dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way.
Serve Tangy Stuffed Chicken with your favorite side.