In this article, we’ll show you how to prepare Spicy Bourbon Chicken Wings.
What is it concerning intake chicken wings that gets folks all excited? Over the last decade the recognition of wings has soared. once I roast a chicken, the primary half i like to eat area unit the wings. the utilization of chicken wings and drumettes has gained an enormous following by each young and recent and on eating place menus. the explanations area unit simple; chicken is what I talk over with because the “empty canvas.” The vary of recipes will satisfy most each palate; from native flavors like smoke and barbecue, to a lot of exotic international spices like curry and Moroccan ras el hanout. Everybody encompasses a favorite flavor and appears for a brand new version to excite the daily routine or impress partygoers. this is often wherever the experimentation and private preferences acquire play. Taking the standard and creating it extraordinary! Layering flavor collectively would paint.
Prep Time: 12 hours Cook Time: 1 hour 30 min. Serves: 28 – 32 pieces Effort: hard
- 4 – 5 lbs chicken wings (fresh not frozen)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 dash of hot sauce
How to make Spicy Bourbon Chicken Wings
- To make the rub, combine all ingredients for the rub in a medium bowl. Store any unused portion in an air-tight container.
- For the sauce, in a 4-quart saucepan, bring the bourbon to the boil with the minced onions and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Most of the bourbon will have evaporated at this point leaving about 2 tablespoons of liquid and the onions. Add the water and all of the other ingredients into the pan with the onions, heat, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until it reaches a thick and smooth consistency. Using a food processor, puree until the onions have dissolved.
- When preparing the wings, remove the wing tips and winglet from the drumette by holding the wing like a V-shape with the drum portion vertically and cutting straight down at the base of the drumette. The joint will separate without cutting the bone.
- Place the wing pieces into a large bowl and pour the spice rub over the chicken wings, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate overnight. Prepare the bourbon sauce while the chicken marinates. When ready to cook the wings, heat the sauce and hold. Heat your grill to medium-high heat (350-400°F). Brush a little vegetable oil over the grill grates.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer over the heat and cook for seven to ten minutes per side with the grill cover closed. Check after four to five minutes and flip if cooking too quickly. Once fully cooked, remove the wings from the grill and place in a large bowl. Pour one cup of the bourbon sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Place the wings back on the grill and cook for one to two minutes per side just to brown and caramelize the sauce – making sure not to burn the sauce.
- Spicy Bourbon Chicken Wings Recipe is ready to be served, Serve immediately.
Chef Tip: Additional BBQ sauce can be served on the side for dipping.