In this article, we’ll show you how to roast Chicken With Orange Peel & Bay Leaves.
Ingredients for Roast Chicken With Orange Peel
- 1 Chicken (3 ½ Pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Or Margarine, Softened
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Finely Grated Orange Peel
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Bay Leaves
How to make Roast Chicken With Orange Peel
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove giblets and neck from chicken; reserve for another use. Rinse chicken inside and out with cold running water; drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, stir butter with orange peel, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper until blended. With fingertips, gently separate skin from meat on chicken breast and thighs. Rub butter mixture on meat under skin. Place 1 bay leaf under skin of each breast half. Place remaining 4 bay leaves inside cavity of chicken. Sprinkle outside of chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- With breast side up, lift wings up toward neck, then fold wing tips under back of chicken so wings stay in place. Tie chicken legs together with string. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in small roasting pan (13″ by 9″).
- Roast chicken about 1 hour. Chicken is done when temperature on meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh, next to body, reaches 175° to 180°F and juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with tip of knife.
- Transfer chicken to warm platter; let stand 10 minutes to set juices for easier carving. Discard bay leaves.
- When grating the peel for this simple orange butter, avoid grating any of the bitter white pith.
- The Roast Chicken With Orange Peel & Bay Leaves is ready to be served enjoy it.
Each Serving: About 475 Calories|48g Protein | 1g Carbohydrate | 30g Total Fat (11g Saturated) | 170mg Cholesterol | 482mg Sodium.