Long story In short, get as more green on your plate to help your body naturally transition this Roast Chicken With Green Olives & Sherry recipe will surely achieve this objective.
Ingredients for Roast Chicken With Green Olives
- 1 Chicken (3- 1/2 Pounds)
- 12 Green Olives, Such As Manzanilla, Pitted And Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Lemon Peel
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- ¾ Cup Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Sherry
- 1 Small Shallot, Minced
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
How to make Roast Chicken With Green Olives & Sherry
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove giblets and neck from chicken; reserve for another use. Rinse chicken inside and out with cold running water; drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, combine olives, parsley, shallot, garlic, lemon peel, oil, salt, and pepper until well blended. With fingertips, gently separate skin from meat on chicken breast and thighs. Rub olive mixture on meat under skin.
- With chicken breast side up, lift wings up toward neck, then fold wing tips under back of chicken so wings stay in place. Tie legs together with string. Place, breast side up, on rack in small roasting pan (13″ by 9″).
- Roast chicken about 1 hour. Chicken is done when temperature on meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh, next to body, reaches 175° to 180°F and juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with tip of knife.
- Transfer chicken to platter; let stand 10 minutes to set juices for carving.
- Meanwhile, remove rack from roasting pan. Skim and discard fat from drippings in pan. Add broth and sherry to pan; heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring until browned bits are loosened from bottom of pan. Serve chicken with pan-juice mixture.
- The Roast Chicken With Green Olives & Sherry has cooked and is ready to be served. Tangy green olives and dry sherry give this chicken Spanish flair.
Each Serving: About 494 Calories | 48 g Protein | 2 g Carbohydrate | 304 Total Fat (7g Saturated) | 154 mg Cholesterol | 712 mg Sodium.