In this article, we’ll show you how to Roast Chicken With Garlic Cloves. This recipes will make you fall back in love with your favorite bird.
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 pounds)
- 6 thyme sprigs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 40 garlic cloves (2 heads), loose papery skin discarded but not peeled
- 1 cup chicken broth
How to make Roast Chicken With 40 Garlic Cloves
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove giblets and neck from chicken; reserve for another use. Rinse chicken inside and out with cold running water; drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- With fingertips, gently separate skin from meat on chicken breast. Place 2 thyme sprigs under skin of each breast half. Place remaining 2 sprigs inside cavity of chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper on outside of chicken.
- With chicken breast side up, lift wings up toward neck, then fold wing tips under back of chicken so wings stay in place. Tie legs together with string. Place, breast side up, on rack in small roasting pan (13″ by 9″).
- Roast chicken 30 minutes. Add garlic cloves to pan; roast about 30 minutes longer. Chicken is done when temperature on meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh, next to body, reaches 1750 to 180°F and juices run clear when thigh is pierced with tip of knife.
- Transfer chicken to platter; let stand 10 minutes to set juices for carving.
- Meanwhile, remove rack from roasting pan. With slotted spoon, transfer garlic cloves to small bowl. Skim and discard fat from drippings in pan. Remove and discard skin from 6 garlic cloves; return peeled garlic to roasting pan and add broth. Heat broth mixture to boiling over medium heat, stirring until browned bits are loosened from bottom of pan and mashing garlic with back of spoon until well blended. Serve chicken with pan juices and remaining garlic cloves.
The Roast Chicken With Garlic Cloves has cooked and is ready to be served. Serve with lots of crusty bread for spreading the luscious roasted garlic.
EACH SERVING: About 501 Calories | 50 g Protein | 11 g Carbohydrate | 28 g Total Fat (8 g Saturated) | 157 mg Cholesterol | 688 mg Sodium.