In this article, we’ll show you how to Roast Chicken Fricassee. Roasting a chicken does not require the skills of a restaurant chef. You will get perfectly good results if you proceed as your grandmother did. Simply arrange the chicken breast side up on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow roasting pan (deep pans interfere with browning) and roast it until the thigh releases clear juices when pricked with a fork Our recipe for Roasted Chicken, 26, produces a bird that far surpasses the average take-out specimen.
If you are looking for perfection, you might consider trying the technique outlined in Turned Roasted Chicken. This recipe calls for arranging the chicken on a rack (preferably a V-rack) and roasting it first on one side, then on the other, and finally breast side up.
When a chicken is roasted on its sides, the dark meat is exposed to the reflected glare of the hot oven roof while the sensitive breast is turned toward the cooler oven walls. This serves to cook the dark meat at a faster rate than the breast, which is precisely what one wants, as the dark meat is done at an internal temperature of 170° to 180°F, while the white meat is cooked through at the much lower temperature of 160°F and begins to dry out and harden if heated much beyond 165°F. There is also gravity to consider. When a chicken sits breast side up throughout cooking gravity inevitably drows the juices down toward the back and into the roasting pan. Flipping the chicken reverses the flow of the juices.
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 1-2 hours serves: 4-6 people
Ingredients for the Roast Chicken Fricassee
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 2 roughly chopped carrots
- 1 whole chicken (5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
Ingredients for the fricassee
- 75 grams of butter
- 150 grams of asparagus slices into 3cm pieces
- 100 grams of fresh peas
- 1 shallot, sliced into fine rings
- 1 tablespoon of fresh marjoram, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
How to Roast Chicken Fricassee : Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Arrange the carrots and the onions in a deep sided tin for roasting, place the chicken on top and season with the salt and pepper.
- Brush with the rapeseed oil, add 75ml of water to the tray and roast for 1 ½
- Check that the chicken is cooked by poking a skewer into the thickest part of the chicken. If you see the juice runs clear then the chicken is cooked.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Boil half of the butter and 200ml of water in a medium saucepan. Turn the heat down until the water starts to simmer, add the majoram, shallot, peas and asparagus. Cook for 4 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain the water from the vegetables, add the remaining butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Carve the chicken onto serving plates and top with the fricassee. I hope you enjoy this Roast Chicken Fricassee.
You Can Try These Too:
- Roast Chicken with Pears & Sage
- Roast Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- Roast Chicken With Orange Peel & Bay Leaves
- Roast Chicken With Green Olives & Sherry recipe
- Roast Chicken With Garlic Cloves Recipe
- Whole Roasted Chicken with 10 best Side Dishes
- Pesto Roast Chicken with Roast Tomato & Bean Stew
- Roast Chicken for Dinner: My Favorite Recipe