In This article, I will show you how to cook Rice Cereal and whole Wheat Pancake for breakfast. These recipes are suitable for 3 months to 1 year old babies.
Your babies are never born with specific food choices and preferences. So, getting them accustomed to eating healthier choices can be made easy than thought when started at an early stage and can last for lifetime.
- Offer variety: Try an array of fruits and veggies without skimping on rice, wheat and dals to limit fussy eating at a later stage of life.
- Swap vegetables for fruits: Introduce veggie purees like carrots, yellow pumpkins first, alongside a cereal like ragi or rice instead of only fruit purees. Doing so will reduce exposure to sweet tooth cravings.
- Introducing one new food at a time will rule out any allergic symptoms. Be observant and slow in introducing food items. Start with 1-2 tablespoons of feed the first day, and then increase it to 3-4 tablespoons.
Let’s make two healthy breakfast recipes for 3 months to 1 year old babies.
Rice Cereal Recipe
- 1 cup par boiled rice
- 2 tablespoons homemade rice cereal
- 1 cup water/milk
How to Make Rice Cereal for baby
- To prepare the rice cereal, add a cup of red or brown rice in a bowl. Add in water squeeze and then wash the rice twice.
- Strain the rice while ensuring it does not soak excess water. Move the strained rice to a hot pan and dry roast it for around 10 to 15 minutes or until its color changes and is fluffy.
- Get a clean mixer jar and move the cooled rice to the jar. Grind well to obtain the rice powder.
- Keep the powder in an airtight container until ready to make the porridge.
- To prepare the porridge, add two tablespoons of the lump-free rice powder to a cup of water.
- Once well blended, put the mixture into a pan on a medium low flame and cook until it thickens. Check if its consistency after cooling will become too thick! If it is too thick, dilute with breast milk.
- Serve the porridge once cool to handle.
(Recipe No. 2 ) Whole Wheat Banana Pancake
Serves: as required
- Water to adjust consistency
- ½ banana mashed
- 1 pinch cardamom powder/ cinnamon powder
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
How to make Whole Wheat Banana Pancake
- Begin by mashing the banana.
- Add in flour into the banana and beat until all lumps have disappeared.
- Add in a little cinnamon or cardamom powder.
- At this point heat a non-stick tawa, and add in a little amount of batter to it.
- Allow the batter to cook on low heat until bubbles appear. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until cooked through.
- Serve it warm. This is suitable for 7-12 months. Once the baby is over 1 year old, consider serving it with maple syrup or honey.