Pineapple Chicken Tenders recipe not only many children but adults will also enjoy. The total number of calories that each serving offers you is just 160 and comes with only 2.2g of fat.
Ingredients for Pineapple Chicken Tenders
- 900 grams Chicken Breasts (Cut Into Tenderloins Or Strips)
- 240 ml Pineapple Juice
- 110 grams Brown Sugar
- 80 ml Light Soy Sauce
How to cook Pineapple Chicken Tenders
- In a small saucepan, which has been placed on a medium, put the pineapple juice, brown sugar and light soy sauce. Heat these ingredients through until they just begin to boil and then remove from the heat.
- In a medium sized bowl place the chicken and then cover with the sauce you have just made. Cover the bowl and then place in the refrigerator to allow the chicken to marinate in the sauce for at least 30 minutes. The longer you leave the meat to marinate in the sauce then the more of the flavor will be absorbed by it.
- Just before you take the chicken out of the refrigerator get the barbecue going and place the grill around 6 inches above the heat source. You will want to cook the chicken on a medium heat.
- Whilst the barbecue is heating up thread the chicken onto some skewers. If you are using wooden ones make sure you have soaked them in water for at least 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning when placed on the barbecue.
- After threading the chicken onto the skewers now lightly oil the grill just before placing them onto the barbecue. You should be cooking each piece of chicken on each side for at least 5 minutes.
If you are not sure if the chicken is ready pierce the thickest part of the meat with another skewer and if the juices inside run clear the chicken is cooked and ready to serve. Be careful and watch the chicken a lot as it cooks very quickly. I hope you enjoy this Pineapple Chicken Tenders.