In this article, I ‘ll show you how to make Oats Breakfast Recipes for 3 months to 1 year old baby : Oats are a perfect breakfast food for young children, providing plenty of slow-releasing carbohydrate and fibre to keep blood sugar levels even through the morning. They are a good source of the mineral magnesium, which is essential for energy production yet is often lacking in children’s diet. Oats also provide selenium – an important antioxidant that protects the body from damage.
Oats Breakfast Recipes : Oatmeal Cereal
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup ground oats
How to Make Oats Breakfast Recipe for 3 months to 1 year old baby
- Grind the oats in a food processor or a blender. Then add the oats to a thick bottom pan.
- Add in water to the pan with oats powder and combine until the mixture is lump-free.
- Now cook the mixture on low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring constantly to avoid any clumping.
- Once the oatmeal cereal is fully cooked, switch off the stove and let it cool down. Then add in breast milk or formula milk and serve.
- You can add in fruit puree if you like, as the next recipe will show.
Oats Breakfast Recipe (2) : Apple Oats Porridge
Servings 1 to 2
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 medium sized apple
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup oats
How to make Apple Oats Porridge
- First, powder the oats in a blender. (You don’t need to powder the oats if making porridge for a toddler).
- Add the oats to a pot and add in the water. Let the mixture sit for a while to soften.
- Cook the mixture on low to medium flame until soft. Meanwhile, wash, peel and puree the apple.
- As soon as the porridge thickens, add in the “processed” apple.
- Stir the mixture and cover it. Switch off the heat and let the porridge rest for a moment.
- If need be, continue cooking the porridge until the apple is cooked through. Then cool until cold enough before serving. You can add more breast milk to make the porridge thinner if cooking for a younger baby like 4-6 months.
I hope your baby will enjoy these Oats Breakfast Recipes.