Grilled Mojito Rubbed Chicken with Pineapple recipe certainly has a summer feel to it and yet is also extremely health. I have been grilling pineapple since long and I’m always amazed at how delicious it turns out after grilled. Juicy Grilled Pineapple With Mojito Rubbed Chicken is a light and refreshing summer side dish. Each serving contains just 320 calories and 6 g of fat.
- 4 Medium Sized Skinless & Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Limes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Sized Pineapple (Weighing About 1600 grams) Peeled and Cut Into ½ inch slices
- 32 grams Loosely Packed Fresh Mint Leaves Chopped
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
How to make Grilled Mojito Rubbed Chicken
- Heat up the barbecue placing the grill about 6 inches above the heat source, as you want to cook the food on a medium heat.
- Whilst the barbecue is heating up take a meat mallet and pound the chicken which you may want to place between some sheets of plastic wrap or baking paper to they are ½ inch thick all over. Then place to one side ready for cooking.
- Next take one of the limes and in to a bowl grate one teaspoon of zest and add to this 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed juice from it. Then to this add the tablespoon of oil and mixed thoroughly.
- Now take the slices of pineapple and brush them lightly with the mixture above and any sauce left over should be set to one side as you will need it for later. Now place the pineapple slices on to the grill of the barbecue that has been lightly oiled and cook on both sides for about 5 minutes each or until they are brown. Then when cooked remove from the heat and set to one side to serve with the chicken When cooked.
- To the remaining sauce you now add the chopped mint leaves and then pat this marinade on to both sides of the chicken and then sprinkle them with some salt and pepper. Now place the chicken on the barbecue with the grill which has been lightly oiled placed 4 inches above the heat source as you will be cooking them on a high heat and cook for around 5 minutes turning them over once.
- You should make sure not only is the outside of the chicken brown but also the inside is no longer pink. The quickest way to see if the chicken is cooked through is to insert a skewer and see if the juices run clear.
- The Grilled Mojito Rubbed Chicken with Pineapple has cooked and is ready to be served.
- After the chicken has been cooked place each one on to a place and serve with a slice of pineapple. As for the other lime this should be cut into wedges to serve with the pineapple and chicken.