Grilled Chicken with Chèvre and Yellow Pepper is another easy-to-prepare dish that falls into the “fancy” category. Chevre is French cheese made with goat’s milk. The flavors are so special and fresh that diners can’t help sitting up and taking notice. I’ve pureed a few peppers in my time, but never just yellow ones. I was completely surprised by their unique, delicious flavor. If you have any sauce left over, it’s great on pasta!
- Yellow Pepper Puree
- 3 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 skin-on boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 log plain chèvre cheese (about 8 ounces)
How to make Grilled Chicken with Chèvre & Yellow Pepper
- Preheat the grill with all the burners on high for 10 minutes and the lid down.
- Rinse the peppers under cold running water. With all the burners on high, place the whole peppers on the grill, close the lid, and cook about 20 minutes, turning the peppers every 5 minutes or so. The goal is to completely char the outside of the peppers on all sides. Once charred, place the peppers in a double grocery sack and tightly curl the top. Allow peppers to steam in the sack for 10 minutes. Remove the peppers from the sack Using a sharp paring knife, remove the stems, seeds, and skins from the peppers.
- In a blender, combine the roasted peppers, olive oil, vinegar, basil, and salt and blend on low until smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Coat the chicken with the oil; dust with salt and pepper.
- Turn all the burners to medium. Place the chicken on the grill, skin side up, close the lid, and cook until opaque all the way through but still juicy, 8 to 12 minutes total, turning once midway through.
- Cut the chèvre into 3/8 inch-thick rounds.
- Let the chicken rest on a platter for 10 minutes, tented with aluminum foil, before carving into 3/8-inch-thick slices. On a serving platter, interleave the slices of chicken with the slices of chèvre.
- Grilled Chicken with Chèvre and Yellow Pepper is ready to be served. Top with the yellow pepper puree and serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this fantastic Grilled Chicken recipe.