In this article, I ‘ll show you how to Grilled Chicken Salad With Vegetables.
If your child isn’t particularly keen on eating vegetables, this recipe just might change their mind. Rich mayo, herbs from grilled chicken, and lots of fresh vegetables make this a wonderfully nutritious and diverse) meal for any age group. This recipe is a great way to repurpose leftover chicken into a new meal. The tastiest way to make this salad is by using leftover Grilled Chicken Breasts with Basil and Thyme, but you can use a Simple Whole Roasted Chicken, Pulled Mojo Chicken, or any other leftover chicken you have on hand. You can also substitute any of the vegetables for ones that your family enjoys. Don’t have red pepper? Just add extra cucumber and carrot. No celery? Try peas. (Don’t forget that fermented vegetables like Dilly Beans or others using the Basic Brine are great options, too!) This is not meant to be a complicated recipe, so just use whatever vegetables your family enjoys.
- 2 ½ pounds (4-5 cups (1.1 kg]) Grilled Chicken Breasts with Basil and Thyme, diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ½ medium cucumber finely diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- Homemade Mayonnaise about 1 cup (115 g)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ -1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
How to make Grilled Chicken Salad With Vegetables
- Mix the chicken, red pepper, carrot, cucumber, and celery in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and pour the mayo mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Mix until evenly coated.
- Batch Cooking and Leftovers: Freeze cubed chicken to assemble the dish in the future, stored with a label stating: “Chicken Salad; add 1 grated carrot, ½ diced cucumber, etc.” Labeling is especially helpful when using for a vacation or weeknight meal. Stores longer than 4 days in the refrigerator if you don’t dress it immediately, so wait to dress the salad till you’re ready to eat it.
Make It a Meal: Serve with Summer Cucumber and Tomato Salad and Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad for a summertime meal that can be largely prepped in advance. I hope you enjoy this Grilled Chicken Salad With Vegetables.