You can prepare this recipe as you would a taco. Use ground chicken, spices and a few vegetables. If you want, you can also use low fat sour cream to top it off or a low fat shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese. Salsa is also great with this dish, of course. Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a delicious dish and you can easily prepare without Hoisin Sauce.
Servings: 4 Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 large lettuce leafs (Romaine is great for this)
- 1 small sliced zucchini
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
How to make Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet and cook the garlic, green onions, and sliced zucchini for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Make sure to stir and keep the meat crumbly. Add a few tablespoons of water and the chili powder.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is completely done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve these Chicken Lettuce Wraps in a lettuce leaf with your favorite low fat toppings.