Coconut Chicken Satay Pockets recipe : Chicken fillets (the little pieces underneath regular breasts) are great for this dish because they’re exactly the right size. I buy them from my local butcher, but larger supermarkets sell them in packets. If you can only get regular chicken breasts, cut them into 2 cm wide strips, then bat them out with a rolling pin to flatten them slightly. The result is delicious and exquisite.
Serves : 4
- 1 x 200g (7oz) carton coconut cream
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 25 g dry-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 250 g (90 z) chicken fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 mini naan breads, to serve
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges, to serve
How to make Coconut Chicken Satay Pockets
- Step 1 Preheat the grill to high Soak 4 bamboo skewers in hot water.
- Step 2 Place the coconut cream and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together until well blended. Stir in the light soy sauce, honey, Tabasco and peanuts, and season to taste. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water.
- Step 3 Pour the sauce into a shallow dish and add the chicken fillets, turning to coat them in the sauce. Thread onto the skewers and cook under the grill for 4 minutes on each side until cooked through and well browned.
- Step 4 Warm the naan breads under the grill, then split in half
Remove the chicken fillets from the skewers and push them into the naan I breads. Squeeze over a little lime juice and enjoy.